“One By One, Until There Are None.”
Who We Are
We are a home based non-profit organization in Northeast Alabama that helps place forgotten unwanted pets in forever homes. We are a 501(c)3 tax-deductible rescue. All donations are greatly appreciated. We rescue pets from high kill shelters, strays, and unwanted pets prior to being euthanized. We do not adopt to outside only homes. Nor do we adoptDe-Claw, or crop, dock or do any other alterations except spaying and neutering their pets. We highly recommend positive training methods once pets are placed in forever homes. All pets are completely vetted, UTD on all vaccines and given rabies certificates. All pets are spayed or neutered prior to adoptions with the exception of young pups or where health issues may cause problems.
Furever Friends of the South K-9 Rescue has been saving lives for over 5 years in Alabama. We have had many sad stories and many Happy Tails too! We save, rehabilitate and adopt out dogs in need in Kilpatrick and surrounding areas in Alabama. All adoptions are subject to references, Veterinarian reference and home visits. For our adoption policies and application, click here. When choosing a dog to adopt please consider the following.
- Make sure the dog fits your home atmosphere, family and lifestyle.
- Consider size and weight of full grown adults when considering puppies for adoption.
- Do you have small children? Small children can sometimes we unaware of their strength, please take into consideration the dogs size, weight and temperament when choosing a dog for a family with small children. Accidents happen.
- How often are your home and how much time and effort will you be able to offer your new family member.
- Adopting a dog is a lifetime commitment (5-15 years), please prepare to make your new dog a permanent member of the family and a 100% commitment for all family members.